Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Who Needs Words

Who Needs Words

Have you ever been listening to something only to have it go totally into mumbo jumbo land in your head? You try to absorb it, but it is no use.  It can be anything from a lecture to something important from your tax person to a good friend talking about the mediocre day they are having…. Zone Land. Zombie head, alias shit for brains.

 Yeah, you remember the subject and the facts but it is like skimming over a book that you don't feel like reading. It isn't that you don't want to pay attention and you are to some degree, but it is overload.  Words; perhaps it is just too many of them.   I don't do this often, but when it happens I am very aware of it.  Guilty as charged.  We all have done it.   

I also noticed that I never ever had that zone out problem in a specific area. No words are spoken, unless I have to use them.  Everything is done with a look or a gesture.  We underestimate on a regular basis what a single look can say without verbalizing a thing.

I'm talking about maybe learning from our pets.  They say everything and more with no words at all.  If my cat wants something… I know what it is because of his body language and routine that is never dull.  I know when my dogs are happy, or sad, they say it all with a face and an action.  No matter what, there is the I love you look that never goes away and the… lets do something look, the oh familiar.. we are hungry.. and the.. I'm tired can you touch me look.  Having that in my life is so refreshing and depended on.  You know you are missed by the face that looks at you..No overdose of complaints or whines, just…. Hi, its another day, what shall we do with it… and no words are spoken. 

I have been known to babble, talk too much, talk too loud, be opinionated etc.  all true.

That is me and I don't see it changing to drastically from that menu. I have a brain, a thought, and with that comes an opinion, if I am in a conversation yes, my opinion will come out.  The older I get, the more I damper that down. Perhaps lack of interest, or perhaps it is just not necessary for everyone to know my opinion. J  Perhaps, I'm just finding it more suitable at this time to say things with a look, or a gesture instead of flooding my life with repetitive words and opinions that everyone has heard me say already. It could stem from being a lone a lot… however.. I'm not really alone J

It is nice to have a friend that you don't have to talk to. lol.  For instance driving a long way, not saying a thing, no tension just riding with someone you know that well, that a yawn or a cough might happen but you don't have to talk a mile a minute. Just be, and be in the same space without…. Words, panic of attitude or prejudged moods. 

Written words, spoken ones all have their place and thank God we have them.  Just once in a while, it is nice to look at the other means of communication we have at our fingertips with a touch, or a smile, or a look.  Try it.  Instead of talking see how it feels to simply smile at your spouse or your kid, your neighbor. You may do it anyway, but instead of filling the air with a complaint or a bitch….. give them a "having a great day" smile, or snicker cause you feel like it.  They may think you are up to something.. they will probably ask…and you are, but you don't have to use words to tell them.J  
Tune It Or Die

No comments:

Post a Comment