Saturday, January 22, 2011

Shareing

  I am an only child. My parents wanted more children.  They were great parents, I had a perfect childhood. We were not rich, but I didn't lack for anything. I  was not spoiled and that is not usualy the case with an only child. I understood the value of a dollar, I had chors to do I had lessons learned by not getting everything I wanted unless I worked for it. 
  I had three sets of toys. One, was things I put on the self and still had plastic on them. They were according to size and placed accordingly. Nobody touched these, and I only looked at them, I didn't want them ruined so even I didn't play with them. I dusted them. Changed the plastic when it yellowed. and looked at my beautifull toys.  I then had the things that other kids could play with when they were at my house. These things usualy ended up broken because of the other kids... I took care of my things, but when someone else plays with them, they don't.
I then had my stuff.  Things that I did not share, just for me and I played with them by myself.
  I find that I have kept that rule thru my life.  I have things that I share with people, I have things that are only mine.. and I have things that I hold so dear to me.. that I don't ever want them broken. This is not just things, it is people and relationships.  Some things I don't share and will not ever. Some things I have to even when I don't want to. I will also allow myself to have that non touchable area, as long as I make myself learn to share other things.  There is nothing wrong with keeping things for only you.  You are the best friend you got.. so take care of your things, and your emotions. Nobody else will, they may break them.
  I find myself getting better at shareing some things.  I am learning, and it gets easier. Specialy when you have to.  There is a way and a state of mind that makes you realize you can not control fate or situations.  It is not my nature to share the good stuff, the things that are important to me. I don't like it when I have to.  However, I have to on some things now and it helps to keep an open mind on it. I will never be used to it and it will not be my first instinct, but I am trying.  However... if I do share with you, and you break it. God help you.

1 comment: